Old June 12th 04, 05:02 PM
Michael Horowitz

"kage" wrote:

Why would an aircraft be totaled for a prop strike inspection?

Highly doubtful, unless the frame was a rusted out POS.

Karl

The insured value is 14K. If the cost to repair approaches 8.5K the
insurance co starts thinking about totaling it.
In this case, we knew the landing gear and at least two struts needed
replacement and we had a bent member under the floorboard. There was a
wrinkle in the fabric of one of the wings so we had to include
something in the estimate to cover something wrong there. Then when
the engine measured out of limits, the red light went on. No, it's not
a rusted out POS; went thru an annual last November.