Old August 24th 03, 02:16 AM
David H

"vincent p. norris" wrote:

Who stands to gain from ATC privatization?

Aren't all of you aware that the Republican Party is philosophically
in favor of the marketplace--i.e., free enterprise-- as the means of
providing for society's needs?

Duh - of course everyone knows that. That doesn't answer the question
though.

I have seen nothing to suggest that privatizing air traffic control
services would meet any need of society. It would, however, make
SOMEBODY a bunh of money. "Philosophy" aside, I see absolutely no
benefit to privatizing ATC services - certainly not based on the
experiences of ATC privatization elsewhere.

As one Republican candidate for Congress expressed it so eloquently in
his campaign speeches about 20 years ago, "Let the government guard
our shores, deliver the mail, and GET THE HELL OUT OF MY LIFE!"

So we now have increasing privatization of the military, the US Postal
Service is no longer run by the goverment, and Ashcroft wants to know
what books you've been reading at the library, a look at your credit
report, and what web sites you'be been looking at before he'll let you
fly to Dinseyland. How very eloquent.

David H
Boeing Field (BFI), Seattle, WA
Visit the Pacific Northwest Flying forum:
http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/pnwflying