Old November 12th 08, 03:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Dan[_12_]

Default Hot Projects List -- Nav Lights

Scott wrote:
wrote:

And since this is Experimental Aviation we may as well go ahead and
use a couple of those high-intensity, high-wattage LED lamps. That
way, we can seal everything up. No need to provide for replacement
when the lamps have a longer service-life than the airframe.

Of course, we still gotta make that streamlined GREEN housing... and a
red one, too.

Where do you find GREEN plastic nowadays? Well... I found some at Wal-
Mart. In the shape of a pill bottle. Full of Vitamin C tablets.

-R.S.Hoover

Can't a guy just use clear lexan? Or, maybe there's white plastic so
that it would turn the color of the LED illuminating it? LEDs come in
red, green, white, blue, yellow, etc...

Scott

I bought some 12" x 24" pieces of plexiglass in red, yellow and green
on e-bay a few years ago. The local glass supply here will only order in
4' x 8' sheets and rarely have smaller pieces for sale.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired