Old December 4th 03, 12:29 AM
Kirk Stant

Default SN-10 database management software

Anyone out there come across any really useful software for managing
SN-10 *.ndb files? I use SiteMan, but it is laborious and too "cute",
and doesn't allow looking at all the waypoints in a
spreadsheet/database format. SeeYou has a tool that looks better, I
have only just started to play with it, but you still have to go into
each waypoint and fiddle with the "picture" of what the data will look
like, instead of a proper database entry format. Something like
G7toWin would be nice, with the fields even more defined (options to
justify or center, all caps, etc.)

And finally, nothing I have found yet lets me look at what the
airspace will look like on the SN-10s map, without loading it into the
SN-10 and scrolling all over the place! Not very practical.

I would like to be able to merge ndb files for adjacent areas (such as
Arizona and Nevada) and not have to manually weed out duplicate
waypoints and overlapping airspace. Right now, what airspace is
included in a downloaded .ndb file is a guess!

Ideas, anyone?

Kirk
Ls6-b "66"