Old May 21st 08, 02:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Instrument nomenclature Outside reference in IMC

On May 20, 4:35 pm, gatt wrote:
Gig 601Xl Builder wrote:
When and why did the nomenclature on those get changed. I learned to fly
in the late 70's and flew during the early 80's a bunch then laid off
for quite a while and got my helo rating in the mid 90's.
I'll be honest it wasn't until I started building in 2002 that I
realized that everyone was calling them the new names and decided that I
would too.

I dunno. The x-thousand-hour old-timers around the FBO still refer to
it as the "DG" and I'm not going to pull an Anthony and correct them
every time they do. Nor am I going to discount their wisdom or flight
training.

It changed sometime in the '80s. Some bureaucrat decided that
everything on the panel had to be an "indicator" of some sort.

Dan