Old September 8th 08, 12:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,aus.aviation
Sr20goer

Default Flight Data Recorders

"GB" wrote in message
"Sr20goer" wrote in
:
You referring to INS?
But they do now use GPS for 'local' navigation (SID, STAR, flextrack
etc). Brian

Yes I am, and yes I know. My (maybe badly made) point was that
the new technology wasn't adopted for a very long time after
it had become 'mainstream' in other fields.

GB

No, not badly made, I was just wanting to check it was INS.
I agree re aviation 'lagging' with technology - same philosophy as you,
partly 'accreditation' of equipment, partly 100.1% safety requirement
cheers
Brian