Old March 20th 08, 03:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan[_10_]

Default Global Warming The debbil made me do it

On Mar 20, 10:16 am, "Dan Luke" wrote:

It's a sickness...

Oh well, here we go (for the Cause)....

It's only a couple of months. Let's wait and see the 5-year trend. Weather
is fast; climate is slow.

Perhaps you can see why not everybody's accepting the premise when
data like this appears to refute the very claim that there is a
consistent, observable increase in Global temperatures due to man's
activities?

A few other factors come to mind that make me a bit wary of this
"crisis":

-- Inconsistency between predictions and observations (see referenced
report)

-- UN involvement (if you think it's pure, enjoy your life of bliss)

-- Many of the same leftist players who previously worked other
"crises" until they got tired (see wikipedia entries for LiveAid,
BandAid, and FarmAid)

-- Protocols burden US more than other countries (China, India,
somehow exempt)

-- Call for new taxes

-- Appeal for new bureaucracies

-- It's a Hollywood "Cause" (see wikipedia entry for "If they're for
it, it must be wrong")

-- Inconsistency between Crisis Leaders claims and lifestyles (see
wikipedia entry for "Al Gore, Big house, and Private Jet")

-- Constant "adjustment" of statements by the very panel claiming to
be able to predict cause and effect (see initial IPCC document and
subsequent documents)

-- Labeling all those that disagree as "deniers" (A favorite Marxist
tactic -- see wikipedia entry for "bourgeoisie")

-- Declining faith ins pronouncements of "Experts" (see wikipedia
entry for "Robert Jarvik")

-- "Crisis" embraced by mass media empty-headed blowhards (see
wikipedia entries for "ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN")

These are just a few thoughts that came to mind. Of course, there is a
counter to every one, but don't be surprised that I don't heartily
embrace the latest "crisis."

Dan Mc

This is all Denny's fault.

Agreed.