Old July 26th 19, 08:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Patrick McMahon

Default Canadian pilot posts ILLEGAL flight into US on OLC

I really hope the patriot who started this thread can't delete it - so valuable!

I've been a part of one of these flights (wave and border flirting) - nearly 8 hours @ 100mph, 10 days before the winter solstice. It was a completely different sport and the most spectacular human experience. Thank you!

Chester and I talked a lot about managing the airspace on that flight and afterward, and he has dedicated a lot of time, effort and consideration toward not only doing this legally but to do it that respects the controllers and the law - make friends, not foes.

This wave has been here for a while, it'll be here for a while longer, and the Arcus is just barely celebrating its first year out of the box. Patience, young man, patience, we're just getting warmed up, making sure the ground rules are known before he puts the nose down.

Puzzle pieces.

Some things Chester wants you to learn for yourself, but how to keep friends, and follow the rules, he's evidently happy to share - and we're all better for it.

Thanks Chester!