Old December 18th 03, 08:44 PM
Model Flyer

"RR Urban" wrote in message

heard from Jarvis that Jon got out of there by getting fuel from

an
English woman

No problem. A girl bailed him out, very graciously. She's a 99.

The
Flyin
Wimmen will come through for you!

Here's the latest on her...and I rather wonder why we don't hear

much
about her
project.

Because shes one of them wimon yokes, not a foolish man child who
didn't plan his fuel properly. While I may give out about his not
sending fuel ahead to ensure his safe return, I would have gone to a
lot of troubble getting somemore.:-)
--
---
Cheers,

http://www.worldwings.org/

On 18 Dec 2003 05:50:36 -0800, (Snowbird)
wrote:

Then we have a chap who didn't plan ahead and had fuel cached,
and who at some point enroute made a decision to press on
rather than turn back and land somewhere he hadn't made prior
arrangements for fueling. Not willing to make the hard calls,
then expecting others to bail him out from his own failed
planning.

Naturally he must be a hero.

Sydney (Amundsen fan)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Sydney dear,

You and Stella have every right to be super
proud of women aviators, especially in the
wake of this Jon Johanson fiasco.

Too many times, including now...
You gals get the short end of the stick.

May I apologize for the chauvinistic
behavior that might be attributed to me
or my chauvinistic buddies.

Kudos to Polly...