Old April 18th 04, 01:53 PM
Martin Hotze

On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 21:00:45 -0500, Doug Carter wrote:

true.
or try to use less ( -- less demand -- lower price )

If you're trying to reduce dependency on foreign oil, that tactic really doesn't work
well here.

I really, really hate to agree with Martin,

oh. you don't have to feel bad about that :-))

but, if we (in
the U.S.) would put a full court press on reducing oil
consumption then prices would go down. Clearly we should
strongly encourage domestic production, but either, by
itself will not be enough.

well, one point was not counted in:
use less oil - less demand - prices will fall - OPEC will decrease
oil-output - less oil on market - higher prices (or the same before the
price reduction). the only winner would be our environment, but this would
be worth to give it a try, IMHO.

#m

--
A far-reaching proposal from the FBI (...) would require all broadband
Internet providers, including cable modem and DSL companies, to rewire