Old March 24th 05, 05:45 PM

Paul kgyy wrote:
I'm planning a flight from Denver Co to Taos NM around Memorial Day,
non-turbo Arrow. Available options to negotiate the Sangre De Cristo
mountain range appear to be either La Veta pass, west from Cimarron, or
way down south around Las Vegas. I'd appreciate some comment from
people experienced with the route.

Please consider taking the mountain flying course (ground school) from
Colorado Pilots Association: http://coloradopilotsassociation.org/

This course will be presented at:
- the Greeley - Weld County Airport (GXY),
at the AIMS Hangar on Saturday, April 23, 2005,
- and again in June and August at Denver's Centennial Airport (APA),
in the APA Tower, in the conference room.

If you are interested in more information, please contact me directly.

From Denver, please consider flying southwest to near Salida.
Choose either Ponca Pass (directly south of Salida), or Hayden Pass,
~10 miles southeast of Salida.

This puts you in the San Luis Valley... and it is downhill to Taos!

Alternate... if the weather is bad in the mountains, please consider
flying south along I-25, to Santa Fe and then going north.

Best regards,

Jer/ "Flight instruction and mountain flying are my vocation!" Eberhard

--
Jer/ (Slash) Eberhard, Mountain Flying Aviation, LTD, Ft Collins, CO
CELL 970 231-6325 EMAIL jer'at'frii.com WEB http://users.frii.com/jer/