Old August 25th 04, 04:25 PM
Roy Smith

"Chip Jones" wrote:
Now I'm wondering what I could have done with this UH-60 if it had been a /A
instead of a /G. We don't clear /A's direct to intersections. Where does
the "full approach" begin for a non-RNAV on this procedure. I can't vector
to final at this location.

I don't have an en-route chart of the area, just the approach plate off
the net, so I may be missing something. The only legal way I see to fly
this approach pilot nav and /A is "Direct Hinch Mountain, Hinch Mountain
060 radial, MINES, cross MINES at or above 5000, cleared VOR/DME 22
approach". It's about 60 miles out of the way, but them's the breaks.
Hope he planned on that when he fueled up for the flight.