Old February 28th 07, 02:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Denny

Default Cylinders and corosion

On Feb 28, 7:35Â*am, "jl" wrote:
On Feb 28, 5:33Â*am, Philippe Vessaire wrote:

Hello,

What are the best corosion resistant cylinder for O200 engine?
Â*genuine TCM
Â*ECI-Titan
Â*Millennium Cylinders from Superior airparts.
any other I don't know...

Thanks
--
Minicab F-PRAZ
Â* Â* Philippe Vessaire Â*Ò¿Ó¬

I don't know that there would be any difference in corrosion
resistance for steel cylinders.

You might try one of the proprietary liners like nikasil or nuchrome.

Be careful, though. Â*Thousands of people were burned by ECI on
cermichrome cylinders.

OTOH, I put 900 hours on my Cermichromes and loved them... They were
still going strong when I sold the plane...

denny