Old December 31st 08, 07:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default veedubber what do your ribs weigh? ( glue)

Thanks for this info. As well, I wanted to see if an ammonia solution
could be used instead of bicarbonate, so I did some googling, and found
a discussion of the chemistry involved. Turns out that various bases or
basic salts can be used resulting in, I suppose, various chemical
properties of the casein glue since it specifically mentions that casein
glue formed using lime has a known assoiation with aviation related wood
gluing. Here is the link
http://www.dotapea.com/english/chap03casein.htm

There's another article on casein linked from that page, but needs
translating from French.

A.L.