Old January 5th 10, 03:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tuno

Default (USA) FSDO inspections of Experimental gliders

I was recently contacted by my local FSDO (Scottsdale AZ) with a
request to do a ramp inspection of my glider.

He explained that starting this year, he is required to do "a ramp
inspection and records review of every aircraft that is operating on
an air racing and/or exhibition special airworthiness certificate".

I have yet to hear of any other glider owner receiving such a request
so I thought I would bring it up here. Has anyone else received a
similar request?

-ted/2NO