Old January 7th 10, 12:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
BT

Default (USA) FSDO inspections of Experimental gliders

Our older Experimental Gliders do not require annual Program Letters.
Previous discussion on RAS

"Tuno" wrote in message
I have received a few offline replies to my OP. One was a report from
another state that there was no national directive on this, but
another had a forwarded reply from the FSDO of yet another state
saying that yes, indeed, they had been "... reviewing all Experimental
Exhibition and or Air Racing Special Certificate of Airworthiness &
Operating limitations for accuracy/completeness, as well as ensuring
that annual program letters have been submitted and meet the
requirements spelled out in FAA Order 8130-2F w/change 4. Now we are
required to perform at least an annual Ramp inspection of each
aircraft in the above referenced category."

(I do not have the name of the author of the quote, so I hope that [s]
he and the person who forwarded it to me don't mind my posting it
here.)

If there are any glider owner/operators who have been through this
process already (and it would be very recently), I hope you will share
your experiences with us here. I'm not anticipating trouble or
surprises, but it will help all of us to be both prepared and
cooperative!

~ted/2NO/