Old February 17th 13, 02:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Buffer for Waxing & Polishing

On Saturday, February 16, 2013 7:09:04 PM UTC-7, Joyce Acheson wrote:
http://www.wingsandwheels.com/page44.htm
Get the BEST.

Joyce, Your kidding right? I think the last thing anyone needs is a dated overpriced machine with limited selection of heads and pads. Further, getting a 3000RPM single speed orbital with an oddly placed on/off switch anywhere near an expensive glider would not be my idea of fun (Might try it on a trailer though). I think before anyone goes recommending an orbital over a DA or PC or rotary it is important to determine what one is trying to accomplish. For a beginner and any type of job other than applying a quickie top coat of wax (Removing oxidation or a cut and buff) a DA is much easier to use than an orbital and there is less chance of harming expensive glider parts. The best and longest lasting results on a finish coat of wax/sealer will always come from a rotary. The trick is to watch the RPM (about 2K is ideal here) and if you find it intimidating practice on the trailer first. Paint manufacturers are an excellent source for care products advise.