Old April 12th 21, 06:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default RV-friendly glider destinations?

We found a very nice RV park in the mountains a few miles east of Nephi,
UT. Also in the town of Minden, NV.

Dan
5J

On 4/12/21 11:30 AM, Eric Greenwell wrote:
Luke Scharf wrote on 4/12/2021 9:31 AM:
My wife has talked me into purchasing a travel trailer with her.

At least two of the glider operations I've been to (BRSS in New Castle
Virginia and Seminole Lake in Florida) appeared to have RV-friendly
camping areas.

I'm wondering how many other glider operations around the US are
RV-friendly?

I would love to add some soaring (or at least visiting active glider
operations) to our family adventure plans.

Thanks,
-Luke

Mountain Valley airport at Tehachapi has an RV park and a very active
soaring operation. Been there, done both, very nice.