Old November 13th 03, 11:41 PM
Wayne

Default If airspeed indicators had odometers

Windy as all get out today, the plane tied down on the apron took quite
a beating. Saw the tail lift on a 170 and two 150's actually left the ground
a few times. While scrambling around trying to keep them pointed into the
wind and resecuring the wheel chocks, I noticed some pretty high airspeed
indications. 50 was the highest I saw. We all had a joke about odometers on
airspeed indicators, and how everyone that sold a plane would say, naw, that
aint the right milage, the guys that had it before me never covered the
pitot and he lived in a very windy area.

Would be kind of neat though to compare the indicated milage to the true
milage for an indication of amount of headwind or tailwind though.

Wayne