Old January 3rd 06, 02:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Flying without FAA medical or insurance

Doodybutch wrote:
I don't think the FAA has the authority to send anyone to jail - has anybody
ever heard of being arrested by the FAA?

The FAA doesn't have the power to imprison people.

I don't think they have the power to confiscate airplanes either - the only
ones I have ever seen confiscated are done by US Customs or Repo men.

The FAA has been known to convince judges to issue restraining orders and have
aircraft impounded, but I've never heard of a case in which the aircraft was
confiscated.

George Patterson
Coffee is only a way of stealing time that should by rights belong to
your slightly older self.