Old October 31st 06, 06:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
raulb

Default What percentage have a power pilot license?

You wilo be a better pilot if you learn to fly gliders first. Power
pilots often (but not always) have difficulty transitioning to gliders.
It seldom happens the other way around. It is two different kinds of
flying.

wrote:
Hi all, I decided to take the plunge (no pun intended) and start
flying. I thought about going straight for a private glider license.
But, I do have the option of going for the powered pilot license first
- then the glider license second. Any thoughts? How many here have
both? Did you get your powered pilot license first?

cheers, Victor