Old October 31st 06, 06:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Maule Driver

Default What percentage have a power pilot license?

The day after I graduated from college, I started flying both. Building
on my 15hours of pre-college power training during the week. Gliders
on the weekend.

Gliders hooked me but I continued with both. Got the glider ticket
first, power not long after.

I dropped the power and flew gliders for 15 years.

Then I dropped gliders and now fly power only (10years).

If your wallet can stand it, I recommend trying both and seeing what
sticks. It may have to do as much with the FBO/club situation as it
does with the type of flying. Variety is good.

wrote:
Hi all, I decided to take the plunge (no pun intended) and start
flying. I thought about going straight for a private glider license.
But, I do have the option of going for the powered pilot license first
- then the glider license second. Any thoughts? How many here have
both? Did you get your powered pilot license first?

cheers, Victor