Old October 29th 07, 07:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jon Woellhaf

Default Owner maintenance screw-ups

I agree with Honeck's Law and believe it is a corrolary to Wright's Law,
which is: "Any work done on an aircraft shall result in the need for further
work to be done on the aircraft."

Jon

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
ups.com...
As a follow on to Jay's previous post, has anyone attempted an "easy" or
"obvious" repair project, only to do something that really screwed up the
job and made it more expensive or time consuming to recover?

I am coining a new law, and -- since I've not seen it mentioned
anywhere -- I'm giving it my own moniker, "Honeck's Law".

Honeck's Law dictates that "Any work done under any aircraft panel
shall result in the need for further work to be done under the
panel." As this dictum is self-sustaining, the avionics industry has
a bright future.

In my particular recent case, the installation of the Pulsar and
reinstallation of my repaired EDM-700 meant moving wires out of the
way in order to drop down a bank of switches behind the panel. This
obviously disturbed things, as it always does (see Honeck's Law)
because now my right main fuel indicator is reading "Empty" all the
time.

I have never, ever, EVER had work done under the panel that did not
result in the need for further work....
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA