Old November 8th 07, 11:18 AM posted to aus.aviation,aus.politics,aus.services.defence,rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval
David Moss

Default Super Hornets: I don't get it

In article ,
writes...

Pulse doppler radars have provided excellent look-down/shoot down
since the late '70s. Ground clutter for an airborne platform simply
does not exist.

I learned that very impressively one day while tooling down the New
Mexico desert at 75' and 500 knots with one wing-tip nestled against
Mockingbird Ridge for vertical shielding enroute to a target. Got
nailed by a pair of F-15s that had me locked for the last fifteen
miles.

What were your Knucks doing while you were getting nailed?
I realise weasels like to hunt alone, but pigs usually like a bit of top
cover when they go sneaking around near the treetops.

DM