Old April 25th 08, 08:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
WingFlaps

Default Lancair crash at SnF

On Apr 26, 5:45*am, wrote:
On Apr 25, 7:11 am, WingFlaps wrote:

"In physics...The scalar absolute value (magnitude) of velocity is
speed."

Cheers

* * * *But it's relative to space, not the earth, as I posted earlier.
Earth pulls straight down, nothing more. Do this, as we have done many
times: Go out and fly on a day when the upper winds are at 30 or 40
knots and get under the hood, do 30 degree banked turns, maintaining a
constant altitude and power setting, and see if the airspeed changes.
Got to be done over flat land, BTW. Any orographic lift will screw up
the altitude. You won't see any performance changes, but the
airplane's flight path over the ground sure isn't circular. Try 45
degree banked turns. Try it in a glide. See if you can prove me wrong.

WTF? I wasn't talking about speed over the ground...