Old March 2nd 12, 06:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean Fidler[_2_]

Default Sunlight readable Oudie - get yours upgraded!

200 E + VAT + round trip shipping to Europe = $270 USD + $45 + $65 =
$380 USD and 4-6 weeks? Sound about right?

Innitially that seems rather expensive to me. The ones upgrading have
already spend $600 and will have nearly $1000 invested in the product
after the upgrade is completed. $1000.

Is the upgrade just the screen? Or are their other enhancements such
as processor, battery? How about an IGC approved logger? Maybe an
miniatureized espresso machine? :-)

I thank you for improving your product but the price of the upgrade is
approaching that of an iPad 2 (http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/
shop_ipad/family/ipad)

The price of a new Sunlight readable Oudie is set at $600. Expensive
as the hardware, minus the screen upgrade, is likely very outdated.
In my opinion this upgrade price is so high that it is not worth it
for current owners.

I would like to offer my Oudie for sale at $400 USD. Included are all
the mounts, cases and charges (wall and car). I used it last season
in contests such as Uvalde, which was lots of sunny blue days, and it
worked fine! Contact me at if you are interested.
Thx.

Sean

On Mar 2, 9:28*am, Richard wrote:
On Mar 2, 4:25*am, Andrej Kolar wrote:

Hey group!

We are very excited to announce that a Sunlight readable Oudie will
become available shortly (mid April) and maybe even more significantly
that we went into considerable trouble and will be be able to upgrade
your old Oudie too!

Full news announcement is he
http://www.naviter.si/content/view/148/1/lang,en/

We will be happy to discuss it here on r.a.s. as well.

Cheers,
Andrej Kolar
--
glider pilots usehttp://www.Naviter.com/

The Sunlight readable Oudie *is avialable from Craggy Aero LLC *the
leader in Sunlight Readable Technology with the Ultimate Le.

See for details:

http://www.craggyaero.com/oudie.htm

Many think that the sunlight readability of a display is primiarily
due to the brightness. *Brightness is a factor in some displays but
the overriding factor is contrast ratio.

Contrast ratio is important in high and full sunlight applications.
Contrast ratio of a display is defined as the luminance (brightness)
ratio between a brighter state and a darker state. *The color LCDs
“white” state and “black” state are used to calculate the contrast
ratio.
*Contrast ratio = CR = luminance of the “white” /luminance of the
“black”.
*If white and black are equally bright, then CR = 1 and the display is
not readable. * High contrast ratios makes the view in direct sunlight
less dependent on the backlight intensity.

Richardwww.craggyaero.