Old March 2nd 12, 07:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean Fidler

Default Sunlight readable Oudie - get yours upgraded!

200 Euros + VAT + round trip shipping to Europe = $270 USD + $45 VAT + $65 Shipping = $380 USD and 4-6 weeks? Does this sound about right?

Innitially that seems rather expensive. The existing Oudie owner has already spent $600 within the past couple years. We will have nearly $1000 total invested in the product after the upgrade is completed. $1000. Thats alot for a PDA!

Is the upgrade screen only? Or are there other enhancements such
as a faster processor or an improved battery? How about an IGC approved logger? Maybe a miniaturized espresso machine? :-)

I thank you for improving your product but the price of the upgrade is
approaching that of an iPad 2 (http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/
shop_ipad/family/ipad)

The price of a new sunlight readable Oudie is $600 (plus tax & shipping). Expensive when you consider that the hardware, minus the screen upgrade, is likely very outdated in comparison with the latest devices available. But the convenience of the Oudie package is nice and I am sure that it will sell very well.

In my opinion this upgrade price is so high that it is not worth it
for current owners. It definitely is to me...

I would like to offer my Oudie for sale at $400 USD. Included are all
the mounts (window suction, etc) and chargers (wall and car). I used it last season and enjoyed it. It works very well! You may need to tip your sunglasses or shade it with your hands to see it in very bright sunlight from time to time, but its no big deal. I honestly rarely had any problem seeing the screen. My main wish is to be able to take advantage of the rapid onslaught of very affordable modern hardware. The Oudie is solid, works well and is a proven product. SeeYou is very good soaring software! It is more than most will need for sure!

Contact me at smfidlerATgmailDOTcom if you are interested in a nice unit at a nice discount.

Thx.

Sean