View Single Post
Old March 2nd 12, 08:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard[_9_]
external usenet poster

Default Sunlight readable Oudie - get yours upgraded!

On Mar 2, 11:51*am, Sean Fidler wrote:
200 Euros + VAT + round trip shipping to Europe = $270 USD + $45 VAT + $65 Shipping = $380 USD and 4-6 weeks? *Does this sound about right?

Innitially that seems rather expensive. *The existing Oudie owner has already spent $600 within the past couple years. *We will have nearly $1000 total invested in the product after the upgrade is completed. *$1000. *Thats alot for a PDA!

Is the upgrade screen only? *Or are there other enhancements such
as *a faster processor or an improved battery? *How about an IGC approved logger? *Maybe a miniaturized espresso machine? *:-)

I thank you for improving your product but the price of the upgrade is
approaching that of an iPad 2 (http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/
shop_ipad/family/ipad)

The price of a new sunlight readable Oudie is $600 (plus tax & shipping). Expensive when you consider that the hardware, minus the screen upgrade, is likely very outdated in comparison with the latest devices available. *But the convenience of the Oudie package is nice and I am sure that it will sell very well.

In my opinion this upgrade price is so high that it is not worth it
for current owners. *It definitely is to me...

I would like to offer my Oudie for sale at $400 USD. *Included are all
the mounts (window suction, etc) and chargers (wall and car). *I used it last season and enjoyed it. *It works very well! *You may need to tip your sunglasses or shade it with your hands to see it in very bright sunlight from time to time, but its no big deal. *I honestly rarely had any problem seeing the screen. *My main wish is to be able to take advantage of the rapid onslaught of very affordable modern hardware. *The Oudie is solid, works well and is a proven product. *SeeYou is very good soaring software! *It is more than most will need for sure!

Contact me at smfidlerATgmailDOTcom if you are interested in a nice unit at a nice discount.

Thx.

Sean

Sean,

The price is $250 and shipping from Craggy Aero. NO VAT an no long
lead time after we intially get the program going.

Thanks,

Richard
www.craggyaero.com