Old December 1st 03, 12:35 PM
Stealth Pilot

On 30 Nov 2003 14:49:37 -0800, (Jay) wrote:

Maybe a fuel selector switch that ports to a low pressure area near
the tail would act as a light weight solution to draw out the fuel
from the tanks. A safety wire that would have to be broken would be a
good idea so it isn't accentally selected. Like the WEP setting on
the WW2 fighters with water injection.

Jay I have thought about this myself in view of the astronaut doctor
and pilot owner who died from burns learning to fly my type of
aircraft.

in reality though, if you weigh up the situation in a balanced way,
you are far better leaving off the contraption, having a simpler
lighter aircraft and spending all of your efforts in preventative
maintenance.

with good maintenance and considerate operation by the pilot any
certified aircraft engine will run way beyond it's tbo.

if you fly as often as the finances will allow, your skills will keep
you from ending up in the situation where fuel would need to be
dumped.

Stealth ( I didnt fit one) Pilot
Australia