Old June 4th 04, 09:52 AM
David

On 3 Jun 2004 18:22:59 -0700, (Dave) wrote:

Anyone have experience using a single Comant CI-121 to feed to COM
radios with the Comant CI-601 diplexor?

And, anyone have experience feeding a GPS and COM with the Comant
CI-2480 antenna?

I have 3 antennas on the roof of the fuselage (COM1, COM2, GPS). It's
going into the paint shop soon, so now's a good time to consider
minimizing the clutter up there.

I don't have specific experience of any of the diplexors but I have
been involved with antennas and splitters in broadcasting etc.

What I can say is everything added in series with an antenna will have
some loss. If you split COM into two there will be a small loss, in
addition if the antenna fails you've lost both COM.

Similar logic follows with the GPS. The losses are likely to be small
but maximum range could be reduced slightly.

Having said that we have an existing NAV antenna which now feeds NAV1,
NAV2 and Glideslope. All work well but NAV1 always picks up a signal
before NAV2 and the DME (separate antenna) frequently gives distance
before either NAV signal is usable.

David

Piper Warrior G-BHJO
Scotland, UK

E-mail (Remove Space after pilot): pilot