Old July 26th 19, 03:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Flarm / Oudie issues

Please read this about adding buddies when they are not present in FlarmNET file:
https://www.naviter.com/2018/06/oudi...-your-buddies/

The article focuses on OGN buddies, but it works just the same with regular Flarm targets.

Regards,
Andrej Kolar
Naviter.com

On Tuesday, July 16, 2019 at 10:41:12 PM UTC+2, wrote:
On Tuesday, July 16, 2019 at 3:03:22 AM UTC-4, Ramy wrote:
Contest ID not showing is unlikely an issue with the powerflarm but with your display. Since most complaints are about the Oudie I suspect the issue is with the Oudie, or the flarmnet file (wrong format perhaps)?
I don’t have these issues with latest firmwares neither in Xcsoar nor LX9000. The only contest ID not showing is for those which have yet to enter their info on flarmnet (nearly half the pilots apparently find it too challenging).
Reception vary significant between installations, some show up 5 miles while others less than a mile.
If you see someone consistently from more than 5 miles you most likely see their ADSB signal, not flarm signal (the target will look exactly the same in some displays).

Ramy

Any tips on how to record the FLARM IDs seen in flight if the contest ID is not available (missing from FlarmNet data)? It's a hassle to write them down by hand, but they are not recorded in the flight log (except perhaps in the encrypted LFLA lines). I wish my glide computer (Tophat) would let me add the ID seen to the data file with one tap, then I can try and add the contest ID to it later.