View Single Post
Old June 26th 17, 05:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tom Kelley #711
external usenet poster

Default Anyone get hassled for exceeding max car and trailer length?

On Monday, June 26, 2017 at 9:25:00 AM UTC-6, wrote:
It's all OK as long as you are towing with a Tost hook on your vehicle.
On Monday, June 26, 2017 at 10:05:39 AM UTC-4, howard banks wrote:
On Monday, June 26, 2017 at 9:41:15 AM UTC-4, wrote:
Have you thought about the risk you put on some sleeping baby's life or yours if you were to jackknife?

OMG! Not just a baby's life, but a SLEEPING baby's life! Oh! The Humanity! Crawl back into your nice "Safe Place" and let the rest of the world actually DO something.

Mark, the panty-attired blossom forgot to add that the baby was sleeping (illegally) in the arms of a sweet grey-haired grandmother, and she was maimed too.

Better yet. Carry a tape measure. See, many years ago, a friend was towing his Nimbus 4 with his motor home. He got stopped in California somewhere. State trooper asked what length he was overall and he stated he didn't know but had a tape measure.
State trooper asked him if he could use it, my friend said sure and even helped him. My friend held the tape on the front of the motor home as the state trooper walked back to the end of the trailer. As the tape approached 65 ft. my friend just slid the tape back along side the motor home. Trooper asked what it read, he said 65 feet. All good and have a nice day!

Best. #711.