Old May 5th 04, 01:24 AM
d b

In article , (BllFs6) wrote:
Hi all...

The discussion about aluminum vs composites and running across some stuff on
the hummel bird got me thinking...

What are the REALLY small homebuilts out there?

The hummel bird and tennie two - aluminum construction....

The Cri Cri - mostly aluminum?

KR1 - composite.....small, but is it REALLY small like the previous 2?

Is there a smallllllll rag and tube homebuilt?

A smallllll mostly wood homebuilt?

A smalllll canard of any type of construction? Quickie? Dragon Fly?

Any other ones/ideas?

Note that I am not talking so much about ultralights (which generally just dont
wiegh much)...I am talking smalllll one/.75 person airplanes that LOOK like
"real" airplanes...of course your definition may differ

take care

Blll

I flew the Mead Adventure. Composite, 40 sq ft, O-200. 200 cruise, give or
take. Last trip it made was 672 mile, non stop one way at 195 mph. Return
was 192 average. Total fuel burn was 35 gallons. Near 40 mpg at
190 mph, average both ways, not bad. Plans are not available.