Old September 15th 04, 04:42 PM
Marty Shapiro

(Michael) wrote in
om:

Now let's talk about some other clubs.

I know another that requires 3000 ft of runway for all planes. Again
- this is NOT reasonable. I've comfortably landed a twin on less.

Michael

The nearest airport to where I live has a paved runway 2,443' long. There
are several clubs at this airport. A few years ago, I was considering
joining one of these clubs and went around to them to review their
membership requirements and rules. Just about all of them had a rule that
members were only allowed to land at paved runways a minimum of 3,000'
long.

I guess I should have asked where members were supposed to return the
aircraft when done flying.

--
Marty Shapiro
Silicon Rallye Inc.