Old February 4th 04, 06:41 AM
Tom Pappano

G.R. Patterson III wrote:

Tom Pappano wrote:

The previous tennant of my office left behind a passive infrared
detector from his security system. I probably can integrate that into
the system as well, and adding a pot to set "turn off delay" will
give you an "auto start with time delayed off" function.

The detectors I've seen used in security systems have been low voltage units. If
you need 110v, the heat/motion detectors used for outdoor lights work well and
can be purchased separately from the lights. These usually have primitive adjustable
timers. Many of them also have photocells to keep them from operating during the
day, so, if you go this route, disable that.

George Patterson
Great discoveries are not announced with "Eureka!". What's usually said is
"Hummmmm... That's interesting...."

How wierd! George's post just now showed up several days late! I'm not
sure I even want to know how that happens. 8-)
Anyhoo, the passive infrared works great. Runs off the 12 volt "system"
supply, and has relay contacts that I tied into a "port" pin on the CPU.
A pot gives a 0-256 second off-delay adjustment. The MRALS system
controller has passed hardware and software testing, and just needs
to be mounted in a small box and shipped!

And Jay, I do hope to "cash in" that rain check soon! 8-)

Tom Pappano, PP-ASEL-IA