Old October 19th 03, 03:43 AM
Dave Kearton

"Gord Beaman" wrote in message
(Kevin Brooks) wrote:
I've been following this thread for awhile and have heard of most
of these incidents before. I notice that 'all' the posts refer to
"People etc being sucked out". Isn't the proper term "Blown out"
by the higher air pressure inside?, rather than being "Sucked out
by the lower air pressure outside?.

I realize that the same effect would be realized in either case
but it seems to go against my grain to call it "Sucked out". Any
thoughts?.
--

-Gord.

You're probably right Gord.

Pressure goes from high to low - under the maxim "nature abhors a vacuum
(but not as much as cats do)"

The individual's perspective also has an effect. If you're strapped
in your seat, watching your tray table disappear through a crack in a
window, then it was blown out.

If you and your tray table are falling in free air after passing through a
crack the size of a keyhole, that sucks.

Cheers

Dave Kearton