Old October 19th 03, 02:40 PM
John Miller

Doug "Woody" and Erin Beal wrote:
Keeping in mind my only contact with the black shoe Navy was limited--an
occasional AW conference with the small boy crews in San Diego during my
CVW Strike Ops tour and the assorted bump-intos with staffers assigned to
the CVN, my view may be a bit skewed (not to mention my Neanderthal
pilot-monkey bias), but even the standard light-weight Nomex jackets were
coveted by these guys and immediately festooned with DESRON, DDG, CG, etc
patches (just like their aviator counterparts).

Sounds like you object to being admired! Remember, what makes you a Naval
Aviator isn't the clothes you wear. And no matter how salty their jackets,
you've got one thing those guys never will: your wings.

Kinda makes me wanna hurl.

I gotta stop responding to these posts. I feel like I'm just ranting and
beating a dead horse. Truly, folks, I don't lie awake nights freaking out
about this stuff.

Life's definitely too short for that sort of thing.

Here's one: I've got a pristine G-1. I've also got a collection of patches
from commands in which I served, passenger traps on the Lex, a VIP ride
with Blue Angel #7, you get the picture. I am a pilot, but not a Naval
Aviator. Do you take any comfort in knowing that I haven't festooned my
jacket with the patches? (Just asking, but asking sincerely.)

Hey, sitting around Trader's maybe I couldn't drink as much as you guys, but
I could get just as drunk.

--
John Miller
My email address: Domain, n4vu.com; username, jsm

Polymer physicists are into chains.