Old December 10th 03, 05:25 PM
JJ Sinclair

When I first met John Shelton I thought he was a very funny guy, but I didn't
always understand everything he said. After I got to know him better I thought
he was strange and later I decided he was down right weird.

One day we were swapping stories and the conversation turned o Viet Nam. Seems
old John punched out of a fiercely burning F-4, just before it hit the trees.
In a typical Shelton scenario, John picked a rather poor place to get shot
down. He was in the middle of Charlie country, near the Ashaw Valley.

It's not clear just how long it took to rescue John from the jungle, but some
reports put it at over a week. What did John do for that week? He talked to the
monkeys, that's what he did. So, if you don't always understand what John is
talking about, just take his latest cartoon down to the local zoo and ask the
monkeys to explain it to you.
JJ Sinclair