Old September 13th 20, 10:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Powersonic "Smart Battery" tested

On Saturday, September 12, 2020 at 11:27:37 AM UTC-4, Craig Reinholt wrote:
Panasonic quality is a thing of the past. I've purchased 2 SLA 12v 20ah bats in the past couple of years and, after testing each bat multiple times, neither were any better than some generic brand batteries that I've purchased and worse than others.

Regarding Panasonic as an American company here is a quote from Wikipedia..
Panasonic, then Matsu****a Electric, was founded in 1918 by Kōnosuke Matsu****a as a vendor of duplex lamp sockets. In the 1920s Matsu****a began regularly launching products. In 1927, he produced a line of bicycle lamps that were the first to be marketed with the National brand name.
Craig
Had to chuckle on this one. Ever wonder where the strange PowerSonic
name came from? It's shockingly similar to Panasonic, which actually
makes quality SLA batteries. I hope PowerSonic makes better lithium
batteries than their SLA batteries.

No one said Panasonic was an American company. It’s Powersonic we’re talking about.