Old September 22nd 04, 05:02 AM
Peter MacPherson

Hopefully AOPA can reign these TSA nitwits in. Because of idiotic things
like this I can see a lot of independent CFI's stop instructing. I instruct
part time
and I can't imagine having to take "recurrent security classes" and notify
the TSA if I get a student from England. Oh, and make sure I send them his
photo! What crap! Have you ever seen the TSA at the airport? I think THEY
need "recurrent security classes". As their all high fiving each other that
they
found another nail clipper, 6 people just went through with guns. McDonalds
still hasn't recovered from the labor shortage they incurred when the TSA
started hiring....... ; - )

"Roger Long" wrote in message
. ..
Unless AOPA succeeds in turning back the latest over the top foolishness
from the (T)oo (S)tupid to pay attention to anything except (A)viation, I
think we may see the end of the freelance CFI. Insurance is already
forcing
most out because the cost of giving one BFR a year is the same as a full
load of students. Now they will have to take recurrent security awareness
training and keep records of it even if they don't take on any foreign
students.

It's going to be real tough for outfits like our club that depend on CFI's
that are not beholden to the local FBO's.

--

Roger Long