Old November 29th 10, 05:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default Death of the newsgroup.

On Nov 25, 7:39*am, gorgon wrote:
I am pulling the plug on this newsgroup. *It is now officially dead .......... *When one looks at all the Yahoo groups that still
have an interest in aviation AND courteous, helpful members that stay
on topic (Tailwind, Buttercup, Aeronca, etc) this group is a dinosaur.

Bye

I left quite a while ago. Just checking in with a morbid kind of
curiosity to see what the body looked like.

Too bad that this all came to pass as this was at one time a vibrant
and useful site. The Yahoo type groups are good but we need a way to
keep the cross pollination of ideas active.

Homebuiltairplanes.com, as mentioned above, seems to be the best
replacement I've found. It has one very noticeable and positive
attribute that this site has lacked for a long time:

Young skulls full of mush that want to build and fly.

It can get kind of frustrating dealing with the same old beginner
questions and the "new" ideas, that aren't, but these enthusiastic
apprentices are the future of our sport/hobby. This bunch of old
foggies just never seemed to be accommodating of this group and, IMHO,
is one of the reasons it has atrophied and died.

HBA has some pretty knowledgeable members, many of whom were members
here in the past. It's worth checking out.
=========
Leon