Old December 1st 04, 09:44 AM

What program do you use? I've tried 3 or 4 that appear to back it up
but don't function to start FS9.

Bob S.

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 19:51:50 -0600, "Charlie" wrote:

Make backups of your CD's now..it is possible.

--

Charlie
www.492acousticblues.com

"The Boz" wrote in message
.. .
Hi,

On 30 Nov 2004 14:52:01 -0800, (rottenberg) wrote:
a basic form of copy-protection, meant to hobble those who manage to
obtain the game, but mysteriously lack the original CD's they were
published on.

Just for the sake of argument, I'd like to throw a little different
prospective on this subject. I design "add on" scenery for FS9,
covering the state of Michigan. The process involved requires very
frequent restarts of FS9 - virtually every time you make a little
change to the placement of an object, it's texture, size, or whatever,
you have to restart FS9 so you can see if you got it right.

I've been keeping track the past few weeks since I installed the FS9
patch and the program's having to access that CD for every startup
almost doubles the time it takes to check out a change. So while I
can understand Microsoft's intent, I sure don't like the results. And
I'm going to like it even less when the inevitable finally happens -
the CD gets damaged from being handled so much (I'm an older guy and
can't hang on to stuff as well as I used to). Bottom line - I'm NOT
going to buy the program again just to get another CD - so when the CD
gives up, so do I.

Jim "BozAir" Bosworth