Old September 7th 05, 06:19 PM
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

You clearly aren't "sorry for anyone who has to put up with diabetes"
(as if it were some minor annoyance and not a life-threatening
disease!). As a father of a type-1 diabetic, I can assure you that
insulin for a diabetic is as critical for survival as oxygen, food,
water, etc. Insulin must be kept refrigerated, which might be a
challenge when there is no electricity for days/weeks at a time.

Uh.... not to interrupt, but actually, you can use unrefrigerated insulin for up
to a month as long as it isn't exposed to extremes of temperature. In fact,
I've never seen insulin in the hospital refrigerated. I expect we use it up
before age becomes a factor, or the patient goes home.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

VE