Old February 4th 06, 11:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Student Pilot & skydivers

On Sun, 05 Feb 2006 09:09:08 -0600, Rachel wrote:

You know, I've heard that story so many times, and I know it's supposed
to be funny, but all I can think is how irresponsible it is.

Years ago, my skydiving instructor showed up seriously hungover to
make his first jump with the college skydiving club. When he
attempted to deploy his main canopy, his pilot chute was connected to
a bedsheet full of empty beer cans.

He told me this story after my second static jump, he was the last one
out of the airplane that day, streamered, and had to come down on the
reserve.

Didn't really seem like the beer can thing bugged him, I would have
been seriously peeved.

My first boss told me that two things free-fall out of the sky-bird
poop and assholes...

TC