Old July 7th 06, 09:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default NetJets Layoff

How can I argue with someone who believes he knows not only the details
of a 12+ page separation agreement without seeing it, but also my
business strengths and weaknesses without even knowing who I am or what
I do? ;-)

All I can really say is the government or taxpayers have yet to pay any
unemployment for my employees. The business pays premiums for
unemployment benefits. Like any other form of insurance, if you have
claims made against the policy, the premiums go up.

You don't need to be an economist to understand this.

Matt Whiting wrote:
wrote:

Having owned a business for only about 1/2 my life, I'll have to defer
to the experts on this.

Matt Whiting wrote:

wrote:

You don't pay for unemployment benefits, the companies do in the form
of unemployment insurance premiums.

Did you think about his before you posted it? And where do the
companies get the money to pay their insurance? Hint: Jay was right.

Matt

You haven't learned much about economics during your tenure as a small
business owner. What kind of business to do you own?

Matt