Old March 10th 12, 07:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Herbert kilian

Default Sunlight readable Oudie - get yours upgraded!

On Mar 9, 3:11*pm, wrote:
You misunderstood the point of the last posts Max. I'm glad to give you the headlines once mo

. New Oudie consumes 350 mA @ 12V at full brightness. That is when it is very much sunlight readable. It doesn't waste any, it consumes 100 mA more to deliver sunlight readability.

. At minimum brightness the internal battery will last approx 2.5 hours which is plenty to enter the task at briefing or in the shade under your wing.

That's all.

Anyway, why is it still the same lousy pixel resolution

Because we would never trade pixel resolution for brightness. Even the old Oudie is at least twice as useful as the HX inspite its inferior pixel resolution. What counts to us is what you can see under direct sunlight, not the GHz, MB and pixels in the specs.

why not transflective?

Because we have tested transflective screens and they did not perform better than the one that we have chosen in the end.

Regards,
Andrej Kolar
--
glider pilots usehttp://www.Naviter.com/

Andrej,
Thanks for your measured response to a set of arrogantly worded
questions. I admire your patience with Max...