Old December 15th 18, 06:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Air glide Vario family versus S100 LXNAV - Comments on Winds and Performance?

Walt. The “Air glide” sensor module can compensate for some stable electronic fields and even weak magnetic fiields. What it can’t handle is oscillating or moving fields. I moved mine three times before finding success. The culprits were speakers and proximity to moving flight controls or push rods. Gliders apparently acquire some magnetism in the course of their building and flying. You could try degaussing but how would one do that?
I have an S80 in both my ASG 29 and Libelle and they do about as good a job as the old reliable SN10 at reading winds. The Air Glide is a whole lot better at real time winds And provides some really cool information in mountains and convergences. I wish I had gone to the extra effort and purchased the Air Glide for the other gliders.
Dale Bush