Old September 18th 19, 05:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

Default Kawa rough landing?

Don't begin a restart until you are within a mast-up
gliding distance of a good landing place - just in case it doesn't retract after a
failed start. Good advice. I have owned an ASW24E, ASH26E, Nimbus 4T ... It was explained to my during my motor glider glider sign-off. Never ever extend and attempt a start unless you are within gliding distance of a landing place. "To do so otherwise can make you look like a real asshole." I have had a land out where I got to the landing area too low for safe start.. The engine is a convienience that might work, not a death sentence, treat it as such.