Old November 22nd 03, 03:34 AM
Doug Vetter

Jay Honeck wrote:
I feel your pain, Doug. My new (rebuilt) DG just came in -- "only" another
$515, once I send the old one back in exchange. Then it's gotta be
installed.

This after my AI went south just two months ago. Another $600, plus
installation.

Plus the new interior... Ka-CHING!

Which is VERY nice by the way. Wish I could snarf a deal like that for
the 172. But, something tells me if we do anything about it before we
(or at least *I*) upgrade in five years or so, we'll wind up paying full
freight. :-)

I really want to give Air Mod a shot...I've seen many examples of their
work...real artistry...but you pay for that. I've heard $12K is not out
of the question for a 172(!)

Ah, but last night I took my 10 year-old daughter for a "spur-of-the-moment"
father-daughter flight, just as the sun was setting. Suddenly all that pain
was forgotten, as we marveled together at the twinkling lights below...

Now THAT's flying!

(Nice pictures on your site, by the way!)

Thanks!

-Doug

--
Doug Vetter, CFIMEIA