Old December 31st 03, 12:01 AM
Teacherjh

I have seen it said that a bullet hole through the skin would not
cause explosive decompression. I can believe that is true if it is a
small hole, from relatively perpendicular to the skin. What if the
bullet was at a shallow angle to the skin however, as if it had been
fired along the cabin? Then I would imagine the hole would be more
like a long tear, and explosive decompression seems more likely.

If the bullet hits the s in at a shallow angle, there will be much less force
perpendicular to the skin, and it will be less likely to be punctured. The
bullet will just ricochet.

Jose